**Please excuse cross-postings**

On behalf of the BitCurator Consortium Program Committee, I'm pleased to
share some exciting announcements related to the upcoming 2017 BitCurator
Users Forum “Digital Forensics: The Academic Library and Beyond”
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/bitcurator-users-forum-2017>, scheduled
to take place April 27-28 2017 on the campus of Northwestern University.

Preliminary Program Live!

We are happy to announce that the preliminary program
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/buf2017-program> is now available on the
BitCurator Consortium website.

The first day of the Forum will consist of two workshop tracks focusing on
digital forensics and the BitCurator software environment for both novices
and advanced users.

The first track, Testing the BitCurator Waters, is aimed at exposing novice
users to the environment in order to ensure that all attendees will have
common reference points for the activities on day two.

The second advanced track, Diving Deep with BitCurator, will feature
discussions and problem-solving sessions around desired functionality, as
well as workflow breakdowns and their potential solutions.

For day two, The Program Committee is finalizing presentations on
developments in software, discussions of workflows and documentation, the
state of digital forensics in academic libraries and archives, as well as a
panel discussion about the ethical implications of forensic analysis. There
will also be dedicated sessions for lightning talks and birds of feather
breakout group style discussions.

Register for the 2017 BitCurator Users Forum here:
https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/registration

Deadline for Proposing Lightning Talks and Birds of a Feather Discussions
Extended

Speaking of Lightning Talks and Birds of a Feather Discussions, the Program
Committee has extended the deadline for proposals for these until March 28,
2017. Both are intended to be more informal than traditional panels, and
are meant to update the audience or provoke a discussion amongst fellow
practitioners. If you have a project you have been working on, a kernel of
an idea you’d like to get feedback on, or anything beyond and in-between
please submit your proposals for either a lightning talk or
birds-of-a-feather discussion here
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/content/bitcurator-user-forum-2017-proposal-submission-form>
.

Sponsorship information

Finally, the Program Committee would like to thank our initial
sponsors, Digital
Intelligence <http://www.digitalintelligence.com/> and Digital Library
Federation <https://www.diglib.org/>, whose generous support has helped to
make the expanded 2017 BitCurator Users Forum possible. We are still
seeking additional sponsors for the event, so if you are interested and
would like to learn more please visit the Sponsorship
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/sponsorship> section of the website.

Best,

Sam Meister
Preservation Communities Manager, Educopia Institute
http://educopia.org
@samalanmeister