Endangered Data Week is a new, annual, grassroots effort to:
- raise awareness of threats to publicly available data of all kinds, across sectors and disciplines;
- provide opportunities to explore the power dynamics of data creation, sharing, privacy, and retention;
- build community capacity by teaching ways to make
#EndangeredData more accessible and secure.
Nothing nearby? Please help make this first EDW a success by planning a gathering and adding
it to our list and map!
We especially encourage events that promote care for endangered collections by:
- publicizing the availability of datasets to diverse communities;
- increasing critical engagement with data, including through visualization, analysis, and storytelling;
- encouraging activism and advocacy for open data policies;
- fostering needed skills through workshops on data curation, documentation and discovery, improved access, and preservation.