Hi everyone,

I'm wondering about a specific ingest behaviour of digital preservation
software products:

Imagine you harvest files to your digital longterm archive from a
repository via OAI. From your repository software, the bitstream URL for
a PDF file does not end on .pdf, but the mimetype is sent correctly.
Would you expect the preservation software to accept the bitstream
without .pdf at the end? Do you know examples of software that does or
does not expect file name extensions on ingest URLs?

We run into a situation where this occured, and I'm trying to find out
what other preservation software also do this – and if so, maybe also
get to know why this check is done.

Thanks!
Benedikt