From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brian Meuse
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 12:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Are you paying royalty fees for the articles deposited to the institutional repository?

Hi Heather,

I think that fee ($30 or something?) is to have the thesis included in the Proquest OA site - not the institutions. Students should not have to pay anything to Proquest to deposit in your IR. At a previous institution, we had Proquest add a checkbox to the submission process that would record whether the student wanted to deposit in our IR - if I'm remembering correctly, we had Proquest remove their OA option.

Brian Meuse
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Brandeis University