Hi Paul,

We haven't chosen to leave III-Sierra, just exploring options. Cost is the
main factor. Missouri public universities just got hit with massive budget
cuts plus a big drop in international enrollment. The cost for Sierra keeps
rising. Plus, Sierra seems heavily weighed down by legacy systems that
prevent it from being able to do things newer systems can do. We are
looking at Alma and WMS specifically because they are entirely cloud-based
and redesigned from the ground up for modern workflows involving
e-resources, knowledgebases, discovery, etc. From what I can tell, all the
other products are a hodge-podge of traditional ILS systems plus add-ons
for the e-resources stuff. (I think Sirsi Dynex is moving in the same
direction as Alma and WMS but hasn't finished their next-gen product quite
yet.) Being able to do everything in one system saves costs both in terms
of subscriptions and labor.

Joshua Welker
Information Technology Librarian
James C. Kirkpatrick Library