From: Rachel Mattson
Subject: Endangered Data Week wrap-up
Date: April 24, 2017 at 5:14:48 PM EDT
To: "DLF Records Transparency/Accountability Interest Group" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all -

I hope you all got a chance to participate in some way in last week's Endangered Data Week (EDW). It was pretty amazing - full of so many great events, so much thoughtful conversation; I'm still feeling warm from the sparks of energy and connection that the week generated. Enormous gratitude to Brandon Locke, Bethany Nowviskie, Jason A. Heppler, Wayne Graham, CLIR, the DLF, NDSA, Mozilla Science Lab, DataRefuge, and all the folks who organized and hosted events in their local communities for making the week such a phenomenal success.

If you missed out, never fear! Many of the events left behind digital traces that you can still access. The Endangered Data Week website has a ton of info about the week (including links to some of the press the project received), as does the DLF-hosted EDW wiki. There's a GitHub repository of EDW-related resources here. You can read the Storify of the DLF-hosted EDW Twitter chat (hosted by Bethany Nowviskie and Erik Radio) here; and you can listen to a recording of the NDSA Standards and Practices call here.

And finally, you can also listen to the recording of the webinar that the DLF's Records Transparency and Accountability working group hosted, "Endangered Accountability: A Webinar on FOIA, Government Data, and Transparency," here. Presenters' slides are also available for download here. The event was expertly hosted by the DLF's Katherine Kim (thank you Katherine!) and featured thought-provoking presentations by Alex Howard of the Sunlight Foundation, Denice Ross from New America, and Alina Semo and Amy Bennett from the FOIA Ombudsman’s Office.

Did you host an event? Reply to this email and tell us how it went!

Hope you're all hanging in, more soon,
Rachel

--
Dr. Rachel Mattson