We’re pleased to announce that this year’s DLF Forum Liberal Arts Colleges pre-conference will be co-hosted with our friends at the HBCU Library Alliance

https://www.diglib.org/forums/2017forum/dlflac/

This will be a low-cost, one-day unconference held in Pittsburgh on October 22nd, immediately preceding the 2017 DLF Forum  Our theme is common ground in digital libraries between liberal arts colleges/programs and historically black colleges and universities

Attendees will take up questions like: How can our digital libraries better represent diverse communities and experiences, and better support learners from minoritized groups? How can the teaching that librarians do now inspire students to future information careers and change the problematic demographics of our profession? And what resources and environments are needed to address the “leaky pipeline” problem; that is, how do we nurture and sustain current information professionals from underrepresented groups?

Call for planners:
Please volunteer by Friday, April 14th to advise on planning and help us select a plenary speaker!

Call for lightning talks:
While most of the day’s events will happen in unconference style, we are soliciting brief proposals for lightning talks! Send in yours by June 26th.

About the HBCU Library Alliance:
Formally incorporated in 2006 after years of planning by deans and directors of libraries in historically black colleges and universities, the HBCU Library Alliance works to "transform and strengthen its membership by developing leaders, preserving collections and planning for the future.”

About the Digital Library Federation:
DLF strives year-round to "advance research, learning, social justice, & the public good through the creative design and wise application of digital library technologies.” Our 2017 #DLFforum and #dlfLAC Pre-conference will be held Pittsburgh October 22-26, along with NDSA’s #digipres17: Preservation is Political.