We get pretty decent cover image/AV details (i.e. video summary, review, etc.) coverage from Syndetics for our DVD/Blu-ray collection because they also match on UPC for media.
http://unc.live/2rjHvfn

Coverage for most of our streaming video collections is quite poor because the metadata provided tends to lack UPCs (and the type of material perhaps is less likely to be included in Syndetics' database -- psychotherapy training videos, etc.)

We do get some (but not great) Syndetics coverage of some streaming audio collections where the vendor-provided metadata includes UPCs. http://unc.live/2rABHyM

Doesn't really answer your question, if you must use IMDB IDs, but Syndetics isn't completely useless in this area.

best,
-=-
Kristina M. Spurgin -- Library Data Strategist
     E-Resources & Serials Management, Davis Library
             CB#3938, Davis Library -- Chapel Hill, NC 27514-8890