Hello everyone,

                I'm sharing a program today I created of use to those who use ExLibris' Voyager ILS.

                The program, which I call Autocirc, automates the circulation notice process.  No more relying on someone manually running the Reporter client!

https://github.com/cherveny/autocirc

                It takes the notices file created by the circjob cron job, then parses it, filling in details from the file and the database, to generate automated notices.  It:

                sends emails to patrons that have configured email addresses,

o   Generates printable documents, in RTF format (compatible with MS-Word, etc), for patrons lacking emails

o   Creates a summary of transactions for managers

o   Creates a CSV file summary, for those wishing to do number crunching/analysis

o   Creates a CSV file summary of just ILL loaned items that have an associated notice

o   All destinations are configurable, if you wish differing reports to go to different people

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or input.  I welcome feedback, and hope others may find some use in the code.

I also welcome feedback on a general nature of the code, as I'm relatively new to Python, so could always use some advice how to do things "better" in Python.

Bruce Orcutt

UTSA Libraries: Systems

Office: (210) 458-6192

Cell:      (210) 338-0557