From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kyle Breneman
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] EBSCO Discovery Service, HTTPS, and mixed content

My library uses EDS and we've enabled HTTPS for our main EDS profile.
Apparently EBSCO is using unsecured content to provide book cover images within EDS.  This is a problem for us because we have a customized EDS search box within our LMS, but Sakai, which prefers secure content, will not load search results from EDS.  Sakai says that there is mixed content.

Has anyone else encountered this mixed content in EDS and been frustrated by it? Elegant solutions?

Regards,
Kyle

P.S. I'm aware that some browsers still allow you to disable protections and view unsecured content, but that process is far from intuitive for most of our users.