Another option might be Wikisource - a Wikimedia property. https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page. I was at a session recently where we got to try this for transcription and it seemed to work quite well - there is support for some basic workflow.

I suspect Ben Brumfield would again have some comments as he has written about using Wikisource for manuscript transcription (e.g. http://manuscripttranscription.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/wikisource-for-manuscript-transcription.html) - but this is a little dated now, so it may be worth looking at what Wikisource can currently do

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com