Edward,

We use a bubble chart (https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/bubblechart#data-format) to show this kind of data where the X-axis values are 1-7 to show day of week, the Y-axis values are 0-23 to show hour of day, and the bubble-size/color is patrons per hour. In the Google version cited, the size and color can vary independently to show different values but we found them to work well together, e.g. a small yellow bubble shows low usage and a large red bubble shows high usage.

Zak