You are invited to join experienced trainers and Fedora gurus at Fedora Camp to be held October 16-18 at the Perry-Castañeda Library at the University of Texas, Austin.

Fedora is the robust, modular, open source repository platform for the management and dissemination of digital content. Fedora 4, the latest production version of Fedora, features vast improvements in scalability, linked data capabilities, research data support, modularity, ease of use and more. Fedora Camp offers everyone a chance to dive in and learn all about Fedora.

Training will begin with the basics and build toward more advanced concepts–no prior Fedora experience is required. Participants can expect to come away with a deep dive Fedora learning experience coupled with multiple opportunities for applying hands-on techniques.

Previous Fedora Camps include the inaugural camp held at Duke University, the West Coast camp at CalTech, and the most recent, NYC camp held at Columbia University.

Betsy Coles, Caltech Library Services and Fedora Camp attendee, said, “The material covered was comprehensive, which I needed. It was also pitched at an appropriate level for me. I was able to keep up with the hands-on exercises without becoming completely befuddled. I thought the organization of the material and the hands-on exercises were very well done. I also appreciated the chance to interact with others with both similar and different interests.”

The camp curriculum provides a comprehensive overview of Fedora 4 by exploring such topics as:
A knowledgeable team of instructors from the Fedora community will lead you through the curriculum: David Wilcox - Fedora Product Manager, Andrew Woods - Fedora Technical Lead, Bethany Seeger - Amherst College,  Aaron Birkland - Johns Hopkins University,  Mike Durbin - University of Virginia

View the detailed agenda.

Register here. Please note that the early bird discount will be offered until August 14, and that accommodations are available at a discounted rate.

--
David Wilcox
Fedora Product Manager