Thanks, Stuart. Adding complete metadata to the SIP certainly makes sense
for a monolithic preservation/access system like Rosetta. It seems less
applicable to a distributed preservation and access environment like ours.
Descriptive metadata changes quite frequently, and syncing that data
between access and preservation could be problematic. Have others solved
that problem with automation in an [insert access system here] to
Archivematica environment?

Outside of systems like Rosetta and Archivematica, I see room for doing
preservation/protection of data that changes frequently by developing a
robust storage architecture that includes time-based snapshots, redundancy,
and geographic replication. I'm curious if anyone on this list has
addressed the frequently changing data problem in this way.

Have a great weekend,

Andy