Hi Paige,

I've responded to RFPs in the past that indicate an open source preference
as a business requirement. The functional requirements don't usually
specify platform or license, but focus on a detailed account of a user
undertaking an action and the desired result. Boston College has an
Islandora institutional repository (http://dlib.bc.edu/) that's been
operational for a few years. The team running that project would have a
great deal of experience, especially with migration from DigiTool.

DuraSpace fosters the DSpace and Fedora platforms (Fedora as a backend for
Islandora/Hydra/Hyku). If you'd like to discuss what options are out there,
I'd be happy to help. We're contacted regularly by folks who would like to
know what's out there. We do out best to point people in the direction of
helpful resources and contacts.

Erin Tripp
Business Development Manager
Duraspace