Hi all,

For those on the Primo list, apologies for the cross-posting:

I work at a small 2 school consortium (Carleton and St. Olaf's college
libraries).  Last year we migrated from a shared Millennium system to Ex
Libris' Alma and Primo. We're now moving on to a new phase of
collaboration:  we've long wanted a shared web presence that pulls together
non-catalog resources like A&I databases and digital
collections/repositories.  Basically a research gateway to our shared
resources.  We are exploring whether giving users the option to
authenticate and save resources for future use would be a good feature to
build in.

As part of our planning process, we’re reaching out to the wider library
community to find out if other libraries have created anything similar. We
would greatly appreciate a reply to this email if you have any thoughts on
the following:

- If your library’s website provides options for users to customize the
interface in any way (i.e., after logging in, users can create shortcuts to
favorite databases, libguides, events, etc.), please share details about
what you offer, your goals, how long you’ve had this feature, and future
plans.

- If your library’s website (or consortial website) does NOT provide
options for users customization, have you ever considered such an option?
If you did consider it, and then decided not to pursue this option, what
factors contributed to that decision?

- If your library is part of a consortium AND you have a shared website or
page that provides information on resources available across the consortium
or at other member libraries, please share a link, your reasons for
creating it, history and future plans.

If you would like to talk rather than type, let me know and I can give you
a call.  Thanks in advance for any and all insights and advice!

Sarah Johnston

--
Sarah Johnston
Systems & Web Services Librarian