Hello there,

We’re planning a 1-day Code4Lib South Central (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, New Mexico) event happening on August 11 at the University of North Texas Libraries in Denton, Texas.

We hope you will take part in this event, which aims to be a great place to learn new skills, share ideas, and network with other library technologists from the region. The meeting is structured loosely around the “unconference” model, which encourages attendees to hold and run the activities, but with some workshops and talks planned in advance.

We are currently working on planning details, and hope to email this list again when the registration opens up. If you’re interested in this meeting, please:

   1. Save the date of August 11th
   2. Follow or jump in and help with planning details coordinated here: https://wiki.code4lib.org/South_Central
   3. Consider a workshop, lightning talk, breakout, or other way you would like to contribute
   4. And spread the word!

If you are interested in getting involved in the planning for this event, or future Code4Lib South Central events, we would love to have your help. The link to our planning/working space, again: https://wiki.code4lib.org/South_Central Or find us on the #code4libsc channel on the Code4Lib slack.

Mark Phillips