What are your plans for the 4th of July? I live just a couple miles from the National Mall now, which means that for the first time since I moved to the DC area, I can walk to the big fireworks show. Yes, walk! Do you hear angels singing, or is it just me?

Usually, see, when there’s a huge event like that in the city (or even a hockey game or convention…or particularly bad rush hour), you have to brace yourself for the inevitability of being jammed in a metro car shoulder-to-shoulder with hundreds of people. On one hand, it’s kind of nice to see everyone out in full force in their matching colors or pussy hats. There’s a friendly sense of community and in-it-together-ness. But on the other? You’re in a stranger’s armpit clinging to an overhead pole for dear life. Which is really not the most pleasant thing.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great holiday next week and manage to avoid the crowds/armpits. Here are the latest #DLFjobs<https://twitter.com/hashtag/dlfjobs?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash>:

  *   Iowa State University is seeking a Metadata Librarian (I/II)<https://jobs.diglib.org/?p=484>.
  *   Mountain West Digital Library (hosted at the Marriott Library at the University of Utah) is hiring a Metadata Librarian<https://jobs.diglib.org/?p=486> as well.
  *   Join the University of Alberta Libraries as Digital Initiatives Projects Librarian<https://jobs.diglib.org/?p=488>
  *   Wake Forest University is filling the position of Developer for Digital Scholarship<https://jobs.diglib.org/?p=493>.
  *   Brown is looking for its new Director of the Center for Digital Scholarship<https://jobs.diglib.org/?p=494>.
  *   Check out the description for the Beinecke Information Technology Project Manager<https://jobs.diglib.org/?p=495>.
  *   Finally, Yale’s also seeking a Software Preservation Program Manage<https://jobs.diglib.org/?p=497>r<https://jobs.diglib.org/?p=497>.

Anyone affiliated with a member institution may post jobs<https://jobs.diglib.org/jobs/post-a-job/add/> for free. Or browse older listings at <jobs.diglib.org> jobs.diglib.org<https://jobs.diglib.org/>!

Take care,
Becca

Becca Quon
Program Associate – The Digital Library Federation
1707 L Street Ste 650, Washington, D.C. 20036
diglib.org<http://diglib.org/> | clir.org<http://clir.org/>