On Jul 24, 2017 11:28, "Tod Olson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

If we go the fiscal sponsor route, the fiscal sponsor would be able to
receive such payments, assuming the Journal is part of Code4Lib for these
purposes.

Of the things issues surrounding governance and finances, I wouldn't invest
much energy in  journal royalties --  it's a simple issue and the distance
between best and worst case scenarios is narrow.

C4l's strength and weakness is the same exact thing -- things happen
because people do things. The domain name, systems, and  everything we rely
on are controlled be the individuals and entities that stepped up --meaning
that management of these things is dispersed. I would think it would be
desirable to consolidate management of all core assets as part of the
process of finding a fiscal home.

Kyle