If we go the fiscal sponsor route, the fiscal sponsor would be able to receive such payments, assuming the Journal is part of Code4Lib for these purposes. That would be part of the sponsor being able to "hold funds on behalf of Code4Lib." (FCIG report, p. 6.)

The particulars of how the Journal would sit in any fiscal sponsor would be up for discussion with that sponsor. Off the cuff, I see no reason for the Journal to change it's policies in any way, and that could be made explicit in whatever arrangement we might come to.

And I suppose I'm assuming that we would want the Journal to be included in the fiscal sponsor arrangement. How and whether the Journal fits into all of this could be taken up during a discussion of governance.

-Tod