I still think the same thing I posted first time this was on the listserv.

I think a fiscal sponsor is the sweet spot, if a suitable fiscal sponsor
with suitable terms can be found. Incorporating ourself takes a lot of work
and additional expense -- both setup and ongoing. It's a real commitment. A
fiscal sponsor's sponsorship fee is not neccesarily more expensive than
doing your own accounting and taxes etc.

A fiscal sponsor gives us the continuity that the lack of which has been a
problem, with very little additional energy needed to be put into it. It
still allows us to move to incorporating ourselves at a later date, if that
looks more advantageous after fiscal sponsor experience.

That is, if a fiscal sponsor can be found with relatively short-term
commitments, good fees, and allows us to otherwise keep doing things the
way we like, and which we believe has the capacity/experience to do fiscal
sponsorship well.

Fortunately, DLF/CLIR seems to be that. What they are suggesting as fiscal
sponsorship terms are great terms, they are an organization with a track
record whose mission and programs are aligned to ours. I think a CLIR
fiscal sponsorship is ideal.

Jonathan