Dear NDSA,

Please be our guest for the Collections as Data: IMPACT event at the Library of Congress on Tuesday July 25, 2017, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm in the Jefferson Building Coolidge Auditorium. You may also join via the livestream from the Library of Congress YouTube channel and Facebook page and follow along on Twitter with the #asData hashtag.

The goal of the meeting is to explore and share stories of how using collections as data reactivates the holdings of libraries and other centers of history and art to make deeper connections to the communities these organizations serve. We will be joined by a rich array of speakers, including Edward Ayers from the University of Richmond; journalist and coder Paul Ford, Canadian artist Sarah Hatton, and multimedia professional Tahir Hemphill.

Attendance in-person is free but registration is required and tickets will be collected at the door. If you are interested in sharing your own collections as data story during our lighting round, please contact [log in to unmask] with a short description of your project by July 17, 2017.

Thanks, and we hope you can join us!

Abigail Potter

National Digital Initiatives

National & International Outreach