*Apologies for cross-postings*

Since 2007, the MetaArchive Cooperative has preserved the digital collections of more than 60 archives, museums, public libraries, and library consortia in Europe, South America, and across the United States. It has done so in a network run by members, for members.

In celebration of our first decade milestone, our membership community wants to help more organizations - including smaller and under-resourced libraries, archives, and museums - to preserve their content. To further lower the barriers to entry in our community of practice, our members have designed and launched the following:

  • A new option (in 2017) to pay a technology fee rather than operating a server node within our preservation network.

  • A Collaborative Membership Level that allows many organizations to band together and share their membership costs (see e.g., InDiPres).

  • A simplified and streamlined ingest process using BagIt.

For more details, including how to join the MetaArchive Cooperative, please visit our new and improved website at metaarchive.org or contact [log in to unmask]
!

Sam Meister
Preservation Communities Manager, Educopia Institute
http://educopia.org
@samalanmeister