<with apologies, as always, for cross-posting>

We’re pleased to share the news that our full roster of keynote talks for the October 2017 DLF Forum and allied events has been posted:

https://www.diglib.org/forums/2017forum/keynotes/

Please join us in Pittsburgh this October 22nd-26th for:

= Atlanta University Center Woodruff Library director Loretta Parham on “Staffing for Our Digital Library: the Promise, the Plan, and Our Response”—a keynote talk at the DLF Forum Pre-Conference, which will focus on digital library pedagogy as common mission and common ground between DLF Liberal Arts Colleges/programs and Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

= Afrofuturist writer and organizer Rasheedah Phillips, Esq. at the DLF Forum—on community-driven documentation and cultural memory, conceptions of time, and the potential of digital libraries to support and be shaped by marginalized people’s work to imagine alternative futures.

= and digital archivist and ProjectARCC caretaker Eira Tansey at NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2017: “Preservation is Political.” Tansey will speak on the future of climate justice in the context of the relationship between environmental policy and records preservation.

Full conference programs will be available soon, and registration for all three meetings is open now, with early-bird rates in effect through September!

https://www.diglib.org/forums/2017forum/registration/

We are also accepting lightning talk proposals for the Liberal Arts Pre-Conference on a rolling basis. This year’s event is being organized as an unconference, in partnership with our friends at the HBCU Library Alliance:

https://www.diglib.org/forums/2017forum/dlflac/

We look forward to welcoming you to Pittsburgh for these exciting talks and for a jam-packed program of presentations, workshops, panels, unconference conversations, networking events, and working group sessions.

— Bethany

Bethany Nowviskie
Director of the Digital Library Federation (DLF) at CLIR
Research Associate Professor of Digital Humanities, UVa
diglib.org<http://diglib.org> | clir.org<http://clir.org> | ndsa.org<http://ndsa.org> | nowviskie.org<http://nowviskie.org> | she/her/hers