You mentioned you were aware of EBSCO's tool, but it sounded like you were saying it was not free/open source... if that's the case, here's a link to the source: https://github.com/ebsco/curriculum_builder

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lauren Magnuson
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Fwd: [CODE4LIB] LTI Applications w/Library Discovery

Thanks Ross.  The use case I'm specifically interested in is the creation of an LTI app that would enable a user within a course management system to
a) search a library discovery system and b) import links for resources from the discovery systems into the LMS.
The functionality I'm interested in is similar to the functionality provided by the Wikipedia LTI app (https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https://www.edu-apps.org/edu_&c=E,1,Xvlgw0JBCrXS1IeDVsABGyaNVKQSHjBglTC9B8S8sMWXmrEkmhrpCyylOm3C7tmsfAs92GW7fqtJt5ykmJlAjE2MeiZmbVsjsa7FhQCOilstXYu4&typo=1
apps/index.html?tool=wikipedia), where the library discovery system is searched in place of Wikipedia articles.

I'm aware of some products on the market that enable this (Springshare's e-reserves module, Ex Libris' Leganto, and EBSCO's curriculum builder), but I'm specifically looking for anyone who would be willing to share a free/open source example, or anyone who's actively working on something like this.

Thanks again,

Lauren

--
Head of Collection Management & Technical Services, CSU San Marcos Development Coordinator, PALNI
530-949-5108 <(530)%20949-5108>