Most of the larger content providers and other service providers do support SSO. Smaller content or service providers, not so often. Since you're in the U.S., check the list of participants in the InCommon Federation, which is the federation for higher education in the U.S.: https://www.incommon.org/participants/.

We've had increasing difficulty keeping proxy server configurations working as time goes on, web applications become more complex, and browsers become more strict in various ways.

We're not ready to get rid of the proxy server yet, there's a combination of non-Shibboleth vendors and campus culture to consider, but I look forward to that day!

-Tod

Tod Olson <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Systems Librarian
Interim Director for Integrated Library Systems
University of Chicago Library