Dear Cindy et al:

The ability to do this on a mass scale as suggested would require
significant effort (especially when it comes to displaying the correct URLs
for only the sources that are available for that other institution, and a
myriad of other technical considerations that makes this seem like the
effort to build isn't worth the ROI), but it does remind me of something
BiblioCommons has done, whether one agrees with it or not.

They've taken all the lists from all their participating libraries and made
them (and other content such as ratings and reviews) available to other
participating libraries. So if you look at a record like:
https://hclib.bibliocommons.com/item/show/1164564109_mistborn

You'll notice in the right hand column a section for "Listed", and several
lists that aren't created by HCL. BiblioCommons can get away with this
because all the holdings data is mostly in one database, and they sorta
encourage content sharing at their level and not the individual library.
For the LibGuides scenario, Springshare would have to negotiate sharing of
content and figure out a way to offer it up in an editable way and
hopefully check against subscriptions and the catalog... it would be a lot
of work. Would be great to share content somehow though!

In peace,

Amy M. Drayer, MLIS
User Interface Developer
http://www.puzumaki.com