*REGISTRATION FOR NETSPEED 2017 CLOSES ON SEPTEMBER 26th!*

*October 3 & 4*

*Lister Conference Centre, University of Alberta*

*Edmonton, AB*

Netspeed will be taking place in just a couple of weeks, and time is
running out to register for the best all-around library technologies
conference in western Canada!

Netspeed 2017 is the conference for librarians who love to tech. We’re
going to be gathering at the University of Alberta on October 3 & 4 for two
days of sharing, networking, learning, and more.

We’ve got a great line-up of speakers and sessions, featuring keynote
speakers Jessamyn West and Sean Gouglas, along with sessions with topics
ranging from innovations in metadata, practical analytics, program
development, and even the forthcoming rise of the robots. Sessions address
topics for a variety of tech skill levels and needs, with talks for library
staff who work behind-the-scenes, on the front line, in leadership and
management, who are up to their elbows in code, or who are the human
interface between their library patrons and the tech world.

What’s more, this conference is accessible and affordable. *Library
professionals, para-professionals, staff, and librarians-in-training can
register for just $254.* Vendors and company sales representatives can join
us for just $500.

*Click here to visit the registration page and access the full schedule and
program. <http://www.netspeedconference.com/registration.html>*

*Registration will be open until September 26th.* We look forward to seeing
you there!

*BONUS: Pre-Conference interviews with keynote speakers Jessamyn West and
Sean Gouglas!*

Can't wait for Netspeed? You can get your pre-conference fix with our two
keynote speakers! TAL Communication Strategist Lauren Sergy will be doing
two special one-on-one interviews with keynote speakers Jessamyn West and
Sean Gouglas, which will be available to watch on Friday September
15th on TAL's
YouTube channel. <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCClzP2QSw_LZKaJ36idpm0g>

Check out these interviews to learn how Jessamyn became the Rarin'
Librarian that she is, about Sean's early forays into videogaming
academically, and much more!

Watch your email for links to these interviews - we promise they'll get you
into the Netspeed spirit!
*Lauren Sergy, MLIS*
*Communications Strategist*
The Alberta Library