So a few days ago I was looking at an app for scraping citations from PDFs.  Yesterday I updated our featured bibliographies on our website, and think "we should be able to easily store the fact that this book was mentioned in a library-or-faculty-produced bibliography in our catalog, or in a database that links to our catalog."  Today I'm looking at a LibGuide produced at a major divinity school, and wonder how I could provide a resource based on our holdings that accumulates the citations from various other libraries' lib guides and displays to our users a cumulated list from those other LibGuides. I like the idea of accumulating knowledge from other sources - I don't have the subject knowledge to create these guides from scratch.  So I imagine website-scraping selected libguides and compiling a database of sources and where-cited?

So I wonder - is this what the library system of the future will provide - a way of accumulating citations from librarian-selected sources and retain the subject-sorting of those sources, as well as displaying them by the most-cited?   I don't think it's as much laziness on my part that makes me dream of this data-based method of crafting library guides, as much as a search for the authoritative.

Just sharing,
Cindy