Good morning,

I have been doing an analysis of our IM chat reference service. We have noticed that our chats that were referred from an EBSCO database have had a steady and sharp decline since 2014. We have a few different theories about why this is happening, one of which is the rise in accessing library websites using mobile devices. The EBSCO mobile platform that we use currently does not have a way for patrons to access library help, either through chat, text, or a link back to our library homepage.

Are there any libraries out there who have figured out a workaround to this? We have an enhancement request in with EBSCO but was wondering if other libraries have developed a different solution.

Thank you,
Kindra

Kindra Morelock
Data Services Librarian | DePaul University
(773) 325-4668