California Digital Library (CDL) has been awarded a 2-year NSF EAGER grant to support active, machine-actionable data management plans (DMPs). The vision is to convert DMPs from a compliance exercise based on static text documents into a key component of a networked research data management ecosystem that not only facilitates, but improves the research process for all stakeholders.

To achieve this, the DMP Tool team, which is part of CDL's University of California Curation Center (UC3), will build on our existing partnership with the Digital Curation Centre (http://www.dcc.ac.uk). We also look forward to incorporating new collaborators and aligning our work with wider community efforts to create a future world of machine-actionable DMPs.

Follow the conversation @theDMPtool #ActiveDMPs and dmptool.org<http://dmptool.org>. You can also join the active, machine-actionable DMP community (live or remote participation) at the RDA plenary in Montreal (https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-10th-plenary-joint-meeting-ig-active-data-management-plans%C2%A0ig-domain-repositories<http://alliance.org/rda-10th-plenary-joint-meeting-ig-active-data-management-plans%C2%A0ig-domain-repositories>) and Force11 meeting in Berlin (http://force2017.org) to contribute to next steps.

Contact us ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) to get involved!

Full blog post announcement: https://blog.dmptool.org/2017/09/18/nsf-eager-grant-for-making-dmps-actionable/

Please spread the word... RT https://twitter.com/TheDMPTool/status/909770308311179264

California Digital Library
John Chodacki | Director, University of California Curation Center (UC3)
UC Office of the President | 415 20th Street 4th Floor | Oakland, CA 94612
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Main +1-510-987-0555 | Mobile +1-415-235-0378
CDL: website<http://www.cdlib.org/> I Twitter<https://twitter.com/caldiglib> | UC3: website <http://www.cdlib.org/uc3> I Twitter <https://twitter.com/UC3CDL> I Blog<http://datapub.cdlib.org/>