Greetings Colleagues!

Are you actively developing digital curation workflows? Are you working
with or are you curious about working with BitCurator, Archivematica,
and/or ArchivesSpace? Are you interested in learning more about the tools
and procedures that your digital curation colleagues are implementing
locally?

The OSSArcFlow: Researching Archival Workflows for Born-Digital Content
<https://educopia.org/research/ossarcflow> project is a two-year effort
funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) to
investigate, model, and test workflows for born-digital content curation in
libraries and archives.

To receive OSSArcFlow project updates, share your workflow challenges and
successes, and provide feedback on project documentation and guides, sign
up for the OSSArcFlow list by visiting
https://groups.google.com/a/educopia.org/d/forum/ossarcflow_public or
emailing me at jessica[at]educopia[dot]org

Background:

Educopia Institute, in collaboration with the University of North Carolina
at Chapel Hill School of Information and Library Science (UNC SILS),
LYRASIS, and Artefactual, Inc. will

   -

   Document partner institutions’ workflows
   -

   Develop specific methods and scripts to facilitate the flexible
   synchronization of archival OSS systems by a variety of collecting
   institutions
   -

   Create and publish training modules and guides that will promote the use
   of the OSS workflow documentation and scripts

These activities will catalyze efforts across the library and archives
fields by:

   -

   Documenting ways in which institutions of different types and sizes
   integrate digital curation tools into their workflows
   -

   Informing our understanding of curation approaches and priorities, and
   how those impact the use of digital curation tools and capabilities
   -

   Supporting more efficient and effective digital curation programs that
   ensure ongoing access to our increasingly born-digital legacy

Thank you for your time, and we look forward to engaging with you
throughout the project!

Friendly Regards,

Jessica Meyerson

OSSArcFlow Project Manager

--
*Jessica Meyerson*
Research Program Officer

Working from Austin, TX
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> | 512-864-4575