--- Apologies for cross-posting ---

We are now accepting pre-conference proposals for the 2018 Code4Lib conference in Washington, DC. These pre-conferences can either be a 1-day or a 1/2-day session and will occur on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.

To propose a session, please go to https://goo.gl/forms/dK0JmxOLCc0WgNZF2

The pre-conference sessions give folks a space to share and build knowledge, as well as to teach attendees new skills relevant to library technology. Preconference sessions can range from workshops to working sessions. We welcome a variety of ideas and encourage submissions from first-time presenters and members of groups not well-represented within the Code4Lib community, including but not limited to: women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBT+.

If you're looking for inspiration, there are many great examples of pre-conferences from last year. To view these, visit http://2017.code4lib.org/workshops/

We are taking proposals until September 30, 2017, 5pm PST/8pm EST. After a period of public voting on workshops, we hope to confirm sessions with the facilitators shortly after.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Ben Florin at [log in to unmask]

Best,
Code4Lib 2018 Pre-conference Committee

Ben Florin
Web Developer