On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Josh Welker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> How do you handle versioning for metadata? Is that something Samvera does?
> My inclination would be to store the metadata in some sort of plaintext
> file (rdf/json or whatever) and then just throw all the files into a Git
> repository.

This would make it easy to restore to states you were at different points
in time but difficult to restore individual records or trace the change
their histories. Since it sounds like you don't have that many records,
what might work fine is one file per record in storage with versioning
capabilities baked right in and accessible via API. I know for certain
Dropbox and S3 do this, and I'm sure a bunch of other services do.

kyle