Here is the XSLT we are using at our library. It is far from perfect but
meets our purpose - creating MARC records for all our ETDs housed in
DSpace. you can see that there are several places that we use default
values that  you can easily modify.

Thanks,

Myung-Ja "MJ" Han
Associate Professor/Metadata Librarian
1 Main Library
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
1408 W. Gregory Dr. (MC-522)
Urbana, IL 61801
217-333-9515 (Main Library)
217-244-7809 (Grainger)