We need to look at new options for appointment scheduling/booking since our current cloud solution (youcanbook.me) is changing their pricing next summer. I noticed there is a large number of scheduling plugins for Wordpress and wondered if anyone out there is using one for scheduling librarian research consultations. Need to display open slots, ideally populated from separate Google calendars, generate emails to librarian and students, once slot is booked that time is no longer available, etc. etc. Unfortunately the free tiers of these plugins generally don’t come the stuff you’d actually need to test, so it’s hard to know how good they are.

Other low-cost solutions also welcome; I know everyone is using LibCal but I can’t stomach nearly doubling our Springshare invoice for a single function that up till now has been free… (we don’t need an events calendar, just appointment scheduling).

--
Jeff Karlsen
Librarian & Library Department Chair