Hi all,

Harvard’s Library Technology Services group has a short term or contract software development position open extending through June 2018.  This role will focus on supporting the Office of Scholarly Communication, specifically revolving around three core systems and a supporting framework of associated bash and Python scripts.

These three systems are:

* DASH – a DSpace-based institutional repository
* Vireo – a system for managing electronic theses and dissertations
* a locally developed Python application (Flask)

We’d be very interested in hearing from applicants with some experience in some or all of the following, listed roughly in order of how valuable they’d be.

* Vireo development or administration.
* Java experience.
* System administration/devops/scripting in bash and Python
* Scholarly communications workflows and processes
* Python development

In more abstract terms, the primary goal of this position will be to take the existing systems and processes at the OSC and make them robust, maintainable, and automated.  The bulk of work will be debugging, refactoring, and improving existing code, and replacing existing scripts with new, hopefully better code.

Any of this being in a library/scholcomm context would be a bonus.  The bulk of this position’s work will likely be upgrading our Vireo instance to version 3 and supporting ongoing ETD deposit workflows.

We are open to filling this position as a term employee with full benefits, or as a contract. Working on site is preferred, but applicants who desire to work remotely will be considered.

Please contact me with any questions. To apply, and view the full  job description, see:

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341#jobDetails=1333014_5341

Randy Stern
Director of Systems Development
Library Technology Services