*The fiscal continuity vote closes Friday.* *Please vote!* See below for
Galen's message, full of useful information. Here is the FCIG report
<https://wiki.code4lib.org/FCIG_Report>, and here is where the voting is
happening <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K5MWGNC>.

We have 228 votes, as of the last time I checked, a few minutes ago. As a
reminder: I will be very sad and feel very disappointed in all of us if we
don't get at least 500 votes. *Please vote!*

To be clear: presently, there is no minimum number of votes, for us to
consider the outcome of this election to be the will of the community; 500
is my own "I will not feel shamed by lack of participation" line, and it is
fairly arbitrary. I don't know what number will make other people happy,
but I hope we reach that number, if we haven't already. Speaking for
myself, *even if we don't get a single vote more*, I will advocate *very
hard* for the outcome of this election to be treated as a binding decision
by our community, because this conversation/process has taken more than 16
months and countless hours of work and thought; and several other
organizations have donated time and work and thought, in answering our long
list of questions for potential fiscal sponsors. (To be clear, I am
speaking for myself, not for the whole FCIG, always.)

If your vote is for "do nothing/keep the status quo," then you need to go
make that vote, rather than expecting us to throw out this election just
because fewer than 3500 people have participated in it. If your vote is
anything besides that status quo, you *also* need to go make that vote,
because I just told the status quo voters to vote. ;) No matter what you
feel is the right decision, *please*, go make your voice heard, so that we
don't have to spend November fighting about whether or not this election is
representative. Please.

This is very likely to be the last reminder--certainly, it's the last *I* plan
to send. Please don't put off voting, in hopes that more reminders are
forthcoming; go vote now, *please*, if you haven't already. And if you have
already voted, thank you!

Best,
Coral