Dear Code4Libbers:

First, thank you to everyone who worked on this and pulled all the content
together.

Some feedback to help potentially understand some of us are reluctant to
act. Here's my perspective:

* I have never attended a C4L conference (content at other conferences
always fit better), so I do not feel strongly about it.

* Also because I haven't been to the conference, I feel somewhat fraudulent
in participating in a vote for how they are managed.***

* It took me an hour to read that document before I could vote. For someone
who has no vested interest (like, I assume, many of us who haven't tried to
host one, or simply abhor thinking about finances/taxes), that's a looooot
of reading. All good info (although I still don't know what LPC stands
for), but the structure is inconsistent, and there's just a lot of words.

* I do not understand non-profit financial status, so I didn't feel like I
was a suitable voter. The document covers the points well enough to vote
though if one reads it.

* I wouldn't suggest anyone vote unless they have read that document, and
it can be very hard for those of us mostly interested in the listserv's
non-conference-y-content, which, based on attendance vs. list subscribers,
is likely high, to find the pure motivation to care enough to read a really
long document to provide a vote.

***That said, it seems that the direction this goes may affect those simply
interested in the listserv (specifically, requiring membership at a
potential institution), so despite my points, it does seem necessary to
vote.

Thank you again, and good luck.

P.S. I voted. Do I get a sticker?

In peace,