What exactly do you mean by "cloud options"?  The three that you mention are for very different purposes.  What do you want to use the cloud service for?  That is the first thing to figure out.

					Steve McDonald

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Virgil Fuller
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Cloud options

Hi Everyone

We've been researching cloud options at our public library and we think one of these three would best fit our needs:

Google Cloud <https://cloud.google.com/>

Office 365
<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office/default.aspx>

Egnyte <https://www.egnyte.com/>

We have a few questions before we move any further:

1)      Is there one that you prefer and/or used?

2)       Would it be straight forward to migrate our server data to any of
these platforms?

3)      We've read that some services charge per item, which leads to the
bigger question, how do we get billed and would it be cost effective to do away with the on site server?

I would like to point out that our ILS is hosted elsewhere and not getting moved to any of these. We would be using whatever service we go with mainly for shared document access among staff and for storing computer backups.

Thanks in advance!

Virgil Fuller

Reference and Historical Collection Librarian

Rockingham Free Public Library

65 Westminster St

Bellows Falls, VT 05101

802.463.4270