Hi,

Voting for the various options presented in the report [1] of the
Fiscal Continuity Interest Group is now open:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K5MWGNC

Because of a delay on my end getting the ballot set up, the voting
period is extended and will close at midnight ET on Friday, 3 November
2017.

As noted in the survey, the purpose of this vote is to determine the
will of the Code4Lib community as it relates to ongoing fiscal
continuity of our annual conferences, journal, and other undertakings.
The options referenced in the two questions on the ballot are detailed
in the report.

The vote will use score voting (similar to Diebold-o-tron votes for
conference locations and presentations) which allows for awarding
scores to each choice on the ballot to reflect the strength of voters’
preferences among all available options. More info on the rationale
for score voting is available here:
https://electology.org/score-voting

The SurveyMonkey survey does not collect names or contact information
but will collect IP addresses, which the FCIG will ignore unless we
have reason to suspect that zoia and all of zoia's robot friends have
decided to participate in the vote. (Or, to express it more seriously,
we have reason to believe that something unexpected has happened and
automated voting or other shenanigans took place.)  Early in the week
following the closing of the vote, the FCIG will calculate and publish
the results; the responses, sans IP addresses, will also be made
available should anyone wish to double-check our arithmetic.

Please note that unlike the Diebold-o-tron, SurveyMonkey provides no
way for you to go back and edit your response if you should change
your mind after submitting it.

We encourage everybody who has participated or plans to participate in
Code4Lib activities and/or who consider themselves a member of the
Code4Lib community to read the report, discuss it, and vote.

[1] https://wiki.code4lib.org/FCIG_Report

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager