What if we created an identifier system that organizations would pay an annual feel to belong to? This identifier would be guaranteed to be globally unique as long as the organization cared to maintain it. You could use this identifier with your web browser to find information about the organization.

Yes, that’s DNS.

What if we (memory institutions writ large) did something about remembering the history of DNS? It sounds simple, but it’s not. Is it possible?

//Ed