> On Oct 14, 2017, at 7:09 AM, Stuart A. Yeates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> archive.org web harvests include at least some DNS details for the content
> they harvest. I'm not sure how comprehensive it is and I'm pretty such that
> there isn't a tool for easily exploring it.

I was thinking about that too. It seems like a window in on those records stored in WARCs could be pretty useful right? But I guess with whois guard not much information about the organizations is often available via DNS.

I have heard through the grapevine that the UK web archiving effort use DNS registrars to help estimate the limits of the UK web. But I’m not sure how they negotiated that.

> Having said that, there are some significant organisations which have yet
> to embrace the digital yet, which makes DNS tracking of their structure
> challenging.

Yes, that’s a good point. Of course any effort to build another registry will encounter similar barriers.

//Ed