Interesting idea. I have hear some special collections and arrives that do
something with printable finding aids although they serve a slightly
different purpose. I need to think about what the specific use case would
be, but it doesn't seem like it would be a ton of work to do this.

Incidentally, while not really the same idea, many years ago I investigated
using VUFind to do something like this. Obviously, it wasn't printable but
people could search just out multimedia collection and I also experimented
with doing this with the collection of educational resources. I changed
jobs before it was implemented, but in testing it seemed pretty usefully -
especially the multimedia collection since in out catalog at the time they
were hidden and being a residential campus, students liked to borrow ones
that were not only educational, but entertaining. Of course this was before
Netflix, et al. existed.

Edward