From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Coyle
Sent: 24 October 2017 16:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] mini-catalogs

I like this idea.

We could add any reviews we can find, let people annotate the entries,
and call them bibliographies. There is an obvious (to me) need for
something other than a dump of bibliographic data based on a search. The
hard part will be facilitating selection, the wheat/chaff problem.
Not all of the items in our libraries are of equal import, but we have
no way to provide a ranking. (I think OCLC does this based on # of
holdings?) If a sub collection could be a SELECTION based on
INTELLIGENCE that would be ideal.

kc

--
Karen Coyle