> As another repository person, with a tidal wave of headache-inducing
migrations from homegrown systems approaching me

Alas, using established systems does not neccesarily protect you from
headache-inducing migrations.  I don't know about commercial proprietary
solutions like DSpace, but hydra/samvera sufia/hyrax implementers certainly
have had their fair share of headache inducing migrations.

I'm curious what prompted your migrations from homegrown systems, and what
made them headaches. Were you moving from a homegrown system you no longer
wanted to maintain, to a proprietary or otherwise common solution?

Jonathan