Apologies for any concerns,

I sent this announcement via our university's share feature. I have added
the full job description below if there are any concerns about accessing
the link.

Digital Curation Librarian
Tracking Code2748-141Job Description

The Z. Smith Reynolds Library seeks a creative, forward-thinking librarian
to support our expanding digital curation services and metadata strategy.
This position is based in the Digital Initiatives & Scholarly Communication
team, which provides services for digital scholarship, scholarly
communication, and digital collections, including project management, data
management, rights management, digitization, creation of descriptive
metadata, preservation, and discovery support. This position reports to the
team director. The successful candidate will collaborate with campus
faculty and library colleagues to ensure long-term preservation and
accessibility of digital assets, projects, and datasets collected and
created by the library, and to support metadata strategies associated with
digital scholarship and special collections. The person in this position
will engage in national and/or international initiatives and insure that
best practice is followed for curation of digital materials.

*Responsibilities:*

   - Coordinate management of digital repositories, working across teams,
   including Digital Initiatives & Scholarly Communication, Special
   Collections & Archives, Technology, and Resource Services, to ensure the
   sustainability of projects and content
   - Create and maintain policies and procedures guiding digital
   preservation practices, including establishing authenticity and integrity
   workflows for born digital and digitized content
   - In collaboration with the Digital Collections Librarian, create
   guidelines and procedures for metadata creation, transformation,
   remediation, and enhancement
   - Perform metadata audits of existing digital assets to ensure
   compliance with standards
   - Maintain awareness of trends in metadata and resource discovery
   - Participates in team and library-wide activities; serves on Library,
   Librarians’ Assembly, and University committees; represents the library in
   relevant regional, state, and national organizations
   - Participates in local, regional, or national professional
   organizations; enriches professional expertise by attending conferences and
   professional development opportunities, delivering presentations at
   professional meetings, publishing in professional publications, and serving
   on professional committees
   - Perform other duties as assigned

*Required Qualifications:*

   - Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program or a
   master’s degree in a related field
   - Knowledge of best practices for current digital library standards for
   digital curation and of born digital and digitized content
   - Knowledge of current trends in data stewardship and data management
   plans
   - Experience with preservation workflows for born digital and digitized
   content
   - Experience with metadata standards and protocols (such as Dublin Core,
   Open Archives Initiative-Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH), METS,
   MODS, PREMIS)
   - Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, effectively identify
   and leverage resources, as well as meet deadlines and budgets
   - Aptitude for complex, analytical work with an attention to detail
   - Ability to work independently and as part of a team
   - Excellent communication skills
   - Strong service orientation

*Desired Qualifications:*

   - One to three years of experience with digital preservation or metadata
   creation in an academic library setting
   - Experience with developing, using, and preserving research data
   collections
   - Familiarity with GIS and data visualization tools
   - Demonstrated skills with scripting languages and/or tools for data
   manipulation (e.g. OpenRefine, Python, XSLT, etc.)

Salary and Rank: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position is appointed to a Library Faculty rank as established by Wake
Forest University. We anticipate appointing this position at the assistant
librarian rank.

Review of applications begins October 30, 2017 and continues until the
position is filled. Interested applicants should go to
https://wakejobs.silkroad.com/WFU/Employment_Listings.html and submit cover
letter, resume and references within the online system.

The Z. Smith Reynolds Library, with a collection of over 1.9 million
volumes, materials expenditures of over $5 million, and an operating budget
of over $13 million, serves over 4,900 undergraduates and 1,400 graduate
and professional students. Wake Forest is a private university where
academic excellence is consistently recognized through rankings in the top
tier of the country’s finest liberal arts institutions. Wake Forest offers
a rare combination – the academic and technological resources, facilities
and Division I athletic programs associated with a large university with
the compact campus, small classes and individual attention only a smaller
school can provide. The University has a deep institutional commitment to
public service and engagement with the world, as indicated by its motto Pro
Humanitate. The University is beautifully located between the western
mountains and east coast beaches of North Carolina.

*In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community,
Wake Forest University conducts background investigations for all final
faculty candidates being considered for employment. *

*Wake Forest University welcomes and encourages diversity and inclusion and
seeks applications from women and members of underrepresented groups. It
seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce to maintain the excellence
of the University.*
Job LocationWinston-Salem, North Carolina, United StatesPosition Type
Full-Time/Regular
Employment Type
Non-Tenure Track Assistant Professor of the Practice
Benefits Eligibility
Available at full-time University sponsored rates
Grant funded
No
Scheduled Hours
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Number of months per year
12
Department
ZRS Library
Hiring Range
Commensurate with education and experience.
Position Closing Date
October 26, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. (EST)

--
Melde Rutledge