Hi,

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Sarah Walden McGowan
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> +1 FCIG. Thank you all for your many months of work and general herding of the cats. :)
>
> Who will be reaching out to DLF/CLIR? Will that fall to C4L 2018 local planning
>  committee? Or should we be forming a new task force to help formalize
> that relationship?

My suggestion is that we form a new working group responsible for
setting up an agreement with DLF/CLIR, with the end result subject to
ratification by a community vote.

Anybody with interest and experience to share should feel free to step
forward, but I especially suggest that members of current and past
conference planning and budget committees consider volunteering as
well as folks who may have participated on either side of a fiscal
sponsorship arrangement. I also suggest that folks from the Code4Lib
Journal participate as well, especially given that there is both
income and potential expenses related to the journal.

On a house-keeping note, I have verified with Bethany Nowviskie of
CLIR/DLF that she and Sharon Ivy Weiss are the primary contacts on
their end.  On another house-keeping note, there is a time slot
allocated for fiscal continuity discussions during the 2018 conference
that could be used by such a working group for meetings or
presentations as it sees fit.

I can help convene an initial meeting of such a working group, but one
of its first tasks presumably will include choosing a chair.

I further suggest that we use this email thread to further flesh out
what the charge and expected process of the working group would be.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager