What do you mean by barcodes? Are you referring to the string of numbers,
are they in barcode font, or are they images?

If it's just a string of numbers to compare, I've used this feature in the
past

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Highlight-patterns-and-trends-with-conditional-formatting-in-Excel-2016-for-Mac-c3130a89-7ebf-41ac-ab93-e8f58bb42844