Howdy Renate,

I had sent it directly.

cat file1 file2 |sort |uniq -d > duplicate_barcodes

For Windows users for whom an emulation layer such as VirtualBox or Cygwin
is overkill and who encounter issues implementing Gnuwin, there are two

1) Windows 10: Enable linux subsystem (it's a Windows feature that's off by
default -- all you have to do is turn it on)

2) All versions: Download native win32 ports of the utilities. Installation
consists of dumping the executables in a directory. Be sure to add this
directory to the front of your path so these programs are triggered before
dos/windows utilities with the same names.

Disclaimer -- I haven't tested any of this so I leave it to other to point
out any errors in logic. Since Kyle mentioned problems with the cat
command, the "type" command will can be considered equivalent at a windows
command prompt

Let me know if you have any questions.

kyle